Silica fume (SiO2) Applications
Fumed silica is used in laminating and gelcoat applications, and provides proper rheological control, while achieving optimum shear thinning and enhancing the end-use application.
Fumed silica has two primary functions. Reinforcement increases the strength of various materials, allowing them to be used in a wider number of applications in accordance with the user's exact requirements. Rheology control allows customers to tailor the viscosity of a system to their own requirements.
Fumed silica serves as a universal thickening agent, a thickener in milkshakes, and a anticaking agent in powdered foods. Like silica gel, it serves as a desiccant. It is used in cosmetics for its light-diffusing properties. It is used as a light abrasive, in products like toothpaste. Other uses include filler in silicone elastomer and viscosity adjustment in paints, coatings, printing inks, adhesives, cosmetics, sealants, toiletries, food, beverages and unsaturated polyester resins.
Fumed silica is an extremely small particle with enormous surface area, high purity, and a tendency to form chains in the chemical manufacturing process. Particles are formed by injecting chlorosilanes, such as silicon tetrachloride, into a flame of hydrogen and air. The ensuring reaction produces fumed silica and hydrogen chloride.
Fumed Silica Chemical Formula: SiO2
Chemical Name: Synthetic Amorphous Silicon Dioxide, Crystalline- free
pyrogenic silica, fumed silica, M-5, colloidal silica, synthetic silica, alpha-crystobalite, amethyst, Amorphous Fumed Silica, amorphous silica, cristobalite (SiO2), CAS# 65997-17-3, fossil flour, silicon dioxide (amorphous), silicon dioxide- fumed, silicon(IV) oxide, synthetic amorphous silica- fumed, silikill, sillikolloid, siloxid, synthetic amorphous silica- fumed, tridimite, tridymite, vulkasil, vulkasil S, wessalon
Multiply paper bags, drums or supersacks
- Molecular Weight (g/mol.)60.08Density (g/cm3)2.2OdornoneFreezing Point (°C)1700Boiling Point (°C)2230ColorwhitepH (approximately 4% silica in water)4.0Knoop Hardness (1200 kgf/mm2)Physical Statesolid powderVapor Pressure (@20°C)0.01mmSolubility In Waterinsoluble
Fumed Silica TSCA (SARA Title III) Status:
1) Listed- No
2) Carcinogenicity: Not listed as a carcinogen By IARC, NTP, Z list or OSHA
Fumed Silica CAS Numbers:
1) CAS No. 112945-52-5 (Specific)
2) CAS No. 7631-86-9 (General)
Fumed Silica RTECS Number: VV310000
Jiangyin Thousands Chemicals Co.
Jiangyin Qian Chemical Co., Ltd. is a professional one-stop composite problem solver, production and processing of unsaturated polyester resin, vinyl resin, epoxy resin, gelcoat resin, glass fiber, curing agent, accelerator, color paste, stripping wax and other composite products, products have been sold all over the country and exported to dozens of overseas countries and regions. To provide customers with one-stop solution to material compliance problems. Our company has a perfect sales network, fast logistics services, deep cultivation of new material industry, and actively expand business at home and abroad. We strive to find thousands of positions in the world's new materials industry.
- Company Name: Jiangyin Thousands Chemicals Co.
- Representative: zhuhaijuan
- Product/Service: Unsaturated Resin , Vinyl Ester Resin , Epoxy Resin , Gel coat resin , The glass fiber , Curing agent
- Capital (Million US $): 20000
- Year Established: 2012
- Total Annual Sales Volume (Million US $): US$50 Million - US$100 Million
- Export Percentage: 61% - 70%
- Total Annual Purchase Volume (Million US $): US$50 Million - US$100 Million
- No. of Production Lines: 100
- No. of R&D Staff: 21 -30 People
- No. of QC Staff: 11 -20 People
- OEM Services Provided: yes
- Factory Size (Sq.meters): 5,000-10,000 square meters
- Factory Location: Jiangyin City, Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province
- Contact Person: Ms. daisy
- Tel: 86-0510-86055909
Premium Related Products